First Home Buyers Grant


Are you a first home buyer? What are the benefits of a first home buyer?


The First Home Owner Grant scheme was established to encourage and assist home ownership. It is a federal initiative that is administered and funded by the state government.


Does my property qualify for FHOG?


To qualify, the home must be used as a place of residence. Furthermore, the home must be, in the Commissioner's opinion, suitable for use as a place of residence. This includes:
  • Houses
  • Flats
  • Units
  • Townhouses or apartments located anywhere in Victoria, and
  • Moveable homes relocated onto land owned by the applicant.

What if the home is not in Victoria?

Each State and Territory in Australia has its own grant scheme. If you are purchasing or building your first home outside Victoria, please enquire at the Revenue Office of the State or Territory where the home is located.

Am I eligible for FHOG?
Inorder to eligble for FHOG, you need to meet the following criteria.
  • You and your spouse/partner have not received a grant in any State or Territory of Australia.
  • You and your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, either jointly, separately or with some other person prior to 1 July 2000, in any State or Territory of Australia.
  • You and your spouse/partner must not have occupied for a continuous period of at least 6 months, a residential property in which either of you acquired a relevant interest on or after 1 July 2000 in any State or Territory of Australia.
  • You must be a natural person (not a company) and at least 18 years of age at the time of settlement or completion of construction.
These requirements are subject to changes. Refer the State Revenue office Victoria website for more details.


our lenders